Friday, July 28, 2006

The First Sign of the Apocalypse

I recently decided that I'm not going to buy any new mini series from any publisher in the pamphlet format. I will finish the limited series I'm currently reading, but no new ones will be added to my pull list.

I have to tell you, I already feel like I got a small monkey off my back. It's such a good feeling, that I can't stop there. I'm now dropping all "Ultimate" titles from my pull list as their current story arcs come to an end. Guess what I'm going to do after that..........I'm selling my entire "Ultimate" collection. I have all but four (4) of the "Ultimate" books ever published. That's a lot of books.

Here's the thing, the core "Ultimate" titles suck. Ultimate Spider-Man hasn't been any good for the last 50 issue. Ultimate X-Men was never very good to beguine with and Ultimate FF was only decent through the first twenty (20) issues or so. Let's not even get into the Ultimate mini series, man, those have all sucked. The only Ultimate book that's still any good is Ultimates, and it's only got one issue left.

So what's my point? This is my point:

When I drop the Ultimate titles, this is what my monthly pull list will look like:

Marvel
Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine
Wolverine Origins
X-Men

DC/Vertigo
52
100 Bullets
All Star Superman
DMZ
Jonah Hex
Loveless

Other
Conan
Red Sonja
Fear Agent

Now I know you're saying: "Who cares? So what? Nice pull list, but what's your point?"

For the first time in human history.....are you ready for this?.....Sitting down?.....Ok, here it is:

I WILL BY BUYING MORE DC TITLES THEN MARVEL TITLES!! Holy shit! I've been a Marvel Zombie from conception, it's in my genes, Marvel is cool and DC sucks, etc..etc..(Not to mention the fact that if you add "other" publishers into the mix I'll be out buying Marvel by almost 2 to 1.)

This can only mean one thing; the end of the world is upon us. Get right with God, tell your family how much you love them, quit your job, max out your credit cards, have sex on a plane, leave your wife and move in with your girlfriend. It's all over I tell ya, OVER!

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are totally forgetting RUNAWAYS. It's one of my favorite Marvel titles and a great one. I can't fault you on dropping the rest. I'm still buying them but mostly because I'm insane and can't give up a title once I've started it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home