Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's Been About A Week.....

....since my last post and I have to say I don't miss posting to this blog one bit. A while back I thought it would be fun to add some content so I invited several people to contribute (that list of names over there --------------->). Needless to say, the added content never materialized.

Last week (and weekend) I put my time into building a new computer. It's been a couple of years since I built my last computer and it was getting dated. I also decided that I'd like to make it pretty quiet because in my new house it sits in the living room. So water cooling seemed like the way to go.

These are the specs:

Intel E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz @ 3.6GHz
GigabyteI GA-965P-DS3 mobo
Enermax Whisper II 535W PSU
Corsair XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB)
XFX GeForce 7900GT 256MB
WD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM

By water cooling the CPU the system noise is almost imperceptible once you’re about 5 feet from the machine. Not to mention it's the fastest PC I've ever touched (workstation class). I'm able to overclock the new Intel chip by 1.2GHz and it's rock solid stable. Building that machine was fun. Posting here is not.

I may get back into it in a week or so, or maybe not. Maybe some of the other guys around here will start posting. Maybe someone that reads this blog would like to contribute? Who knows, time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home